четверг, 18 января 2018 г.

"When words are superfluous"


"Kid" is the first, full-length work of Charles Chaplin. And the first silent film in my life that impressed me so much.

The plot, given the era in which it was written, is quite original. And let now it looks rather simple, in comparison with modern cinema, there is a tangible number of positive qualities that are missing in our time.

Despite the poverty of the environment of the protagonist and his "little son", the screen and gives warmth and comfort. This is especially evident in the scene with the preparation of breakfast. And even the fact that the occupation of which these two earn their living is quite repulsive, their charm overrides all the condemnation that could arise.

Charlie Chaplin - the very splendor. For all the time of his stay in the image of a good simpleton, he is so united with his character that it is difficult to call a game, all that he does in the frame. The first time I see that the actor so lived a role. Bravo.

Jackie Coogan is a sweet creature, with a remarkable acting talent, which manifested itself in the dramatic scenes of the film with frightening naturalness. I did not expect such a quickness from the child! Great!

The only thing that caused the bewilderment - the scene with a dream. She was absolutely not appropriate in the given atmosphere of the picture.

Charles Chaplin for me, seemed an outdated clown, until I grew up, and did not see this movie. And what is most surprising, this dumb splendor brought me back to childhood, its simplicity, sincerity, and resting character.

From this movie, my acquaintance with Charlie Chaplin began. And I think that it will be long.

9 out of 10

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий