четверг, 18 января 2018 г.

"I believe that the power of laughter and tears can become an antidote to hatred and fear"


Charles Chaplin. This name is familiar to me from early childhood. But that's strange, until today, I have not watched a single movie with this actor. This great personality. No, I certainly saw different excerpts from the films with his participation, but it does not count.

The story of the baby, who was already abandoned by his mother since birth, is already hammering at first sight. Jackie Coogan at the age of five showed on the screen high acting skills. This is not "Button" for you. Of course, it was hard for him to outdid Chaplin, since Charles in this film was simply beautiful, not having in his role words, he was able to create the brightest character of the film thanks to his mimicry and gestures. But most of all in this film I remember the atmosphere. This movie atmosphere of the time. Without falsity, superfluous scenes, this atmosphere shows us that this is really a movie, and not one great special effect. I would like to highlight the fact that this film made me smile more than once. At that time, the film could be made ridiculous and without vulgarity.

Of course, I could fill the review with some clever quotes, philosophical reflections, but I think that you already understood everything. This movie you need to see. After all, this is one of Chaplin's brightest works. In every frame lies the very "magic of cinema".

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий