четверг, 18 января 2018 г.

"The Kid" (The Kid, 1921) - both sad and fun


Yes, yes, it was with this American silent film that I decided to resume my work, half-yearly interrupted by entering the university, getting acquainted with the cinema. In general, "Baby" I first saw on the channel "Culture", even when it was very small. He made a great impression on me, I really cried. For example, in the place where the poor Mother (Edna Perviens) leaves her child in a rich car and runs to the park with tears. And I also laughed, with all my heart. And not over all vulgar and evil jokes, as it often happens now, but over real, kind, sometimes satirical, sometimes social, humor. This is the whole genius of Charles Chaplin, who in this film acted as the author of the script, and the director, and the producer, and, of course, the performer of one of the main roles.

I want to note the remarkable acting game of Jackie Coogan, the future of Fester from the "Adams Family".

This is an ideal film that opened a new era not only in the work of Chaplin, but in all the cinema. Despite the fact that "Baby" is about ninety years old, it's very easy to watch it. Quickly get used to the musical accompaniment, and to the plates instead of words. You perceive the film as modern. Usually, I evaluated the old films, making a discount for the year of release in the rental. For "Baby" this discount is not required.

And if someday you also have a desire to get acquainted with the silent cinema, or, perhaps, the creativity of the astounding comedian Charles Chaplin, it is necessary to start with this film. "Kid" - for me a work of art of cinema, created for ages.

10 out of 10 (definitely)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий