четверг, 18 января 2018 г.

No words


I have not written reviews for a long time.

Probably, because for a long time already not a single film has awakened in me a new feeling that I would like to share. All washed up, chewed ...

But one day ... I very reluctantly decided to check, but why did Charlie Chaplin's silent films get such high marks? For what? 30th years! For what?! What there can be such !?

Anyway.

The reason for my curiosity was the autobiographical film of Richard Attenborough, with the same name "Chaplin". With Richard Downey the Younger in the title role.

Whatever it was, I was curious, what kind of films did Charlie Chaplin himself shoot? In the film-autobiography "Chaplin", there was one fragment from the film "Kid", which I remember very much. Fragment, when the boy asks for the Hobo back when they take him, try to take him away. So I decided to start with this movie ...

He began to look without much enthusiasm, so, without preparation, fluently. I think I'll look at the snippet and draw a conclusion - should we look at all or not? But when I turned on the film, and from the first frame, I could not take my eyes off. Yes, I watched to the end in one breath, then rewound and looked again from the beginning!

It's incredible.

I did not believe myself. The feeling that awakened the film in me was new to me. For yourself! I did not expect this from myself. I did not expect that a sentimental person lives in me.

This is above all praise.

The film is naturally absolutely without words, like all his other pictures, but it is extremely clear, very clear! It reminded me of reading a book where we build all the images in our imagination. So in Chaplin's films, you do not need words, everything is clear without words and even want to say that words would have been absolutely superfluous in his films. To some extent, all that is supposedly being said in the film, we build for ourselves in the most suitable manner for us. And the music, which, incidentally, he himself wrote, comes to the film so naturally that it feels like the film was shot to music, and not the music was written for the film.

As for the movie "Kid" itself, the most striking thing is how simply stunning, truly, without a gram of falsehood, at the highest level, was played or even experienced, the role of the Baby! As if, Charlie Chaplin caught these moments by a fluke. Babe, like children who are in life, do not know how to lie, so he, as if really experiencing all the events of the film, and it's just imperceptibly someone takes it off. You believe his emotions unquestioningly and empathize revealing his essence to himself, and marveling at his own emotions.

I do not know what he did, but how much this action looks simple, it's so brilliant!

I do not remember which movie I saw so much sincerity and purity of feelings.

This is magic, my friends!

How to express what would have been worthy of all that Charlie Chaplin did in this movie ...

Yes, perhaps, such words you will not pick up,

I have no words!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий